The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site.

PLANT-BASED MILK : 5 REASONS TO CHANGE FROM TETRA PAKS TO BIO CAPSULES

PLANT-BASED MILK : 5 REASONS TO CHANGE FROM TETRA PAKS TO BIO CAPSULES

Posted by CEREALTHY (ELEANA CASADO) on 5th Oct 2018

Nowadays it’s quite simple to find plant-based milks options. Fortunately stores are plenty of them.

Milk comes in a classic presentation : the Tetra Pak. People consume it because it’s handy, affordable and ready to use.

However, there are some issues with this kind of packaging. Here are some criticals facts.

1- REAL BUY, REAL NUTRITION

Plant-based milks tetrapaks contain nuts, grains……but do you really know which is the real proportion?

For example, in a glass of a commercial almond milk there is only ONE almond and the rest is water with sugar. Some brands do not add sugar but as in a gallon of almond milk there are only 5 almonds they have to add an almond flavor and an ingredient to make it feel thicker.

When you are buying liquid vegan milks, you are just having 10 % of the nutritive ingredient: cereals. The remaining 90 % is water. Yes, WATER. So, you are buying water instead of almond, oat, rice, spelt.

2 – WHAT YOU READ IS WHAT YOU GET

Have you ever check the ingredients list? You have probably found unknown components that are unreadable. Complicated words. Or even worst, animal-based ingredients….

Unlike artificial vegan milk our product is way ahead in nutritional value. Cerealthy plant-based drink it’s free from all the dangerous ingredients of artificial vegan milk like emulsifiers, sweeteners, thickeners, flavorings and coloring agents, etc.

Our vegan drinks are clean label, it means they are absolutely natural and that you are correctly informed about their ingredients. So, you won’t need to read the labels anymore!!! No more lengthy ingredient list. You’ll know exactly what you are drinking. There are not secrets. It’s simple and transparent.

3- ECO-FRIENDLY CONTAINER

If you care about the environment, Tetra Paks are not the good choice as these cannot be truly recycled.

Tetra Paks are not recyclable or compostable because they combine paper and plastic - and some even contain hidden metal. These are made from paperboard (made from wood), 20% of polyethylene (a type of plastic) and 5% of aluminium.

Specifically, for the milk cartons with a round middle cap, you have to remove the plastic spout first to give them a shot at being compostable. Impossible mission!

There is only one solution: these have to be trashed. There is no green hope for these overzealous fusions.

Green alternative

Delivering plant-based drinks, glass after glass, comes with accountability: To you, naturally and also to the world we live in. This is why Cerealthy® is committed to doing business responsibly, looking for ways to make a difference wherever we can.

How are Cerealthy® capsules recycled by local recycling facility?

  • The capsules are shredded to separate the plant-based residue from the capsule ;
  • The aluminium lid from the Cerealthy® capsule is melted and recycled ;
  • The plant-based residue are transformed into green energy or nutrient-rich compost ;
  • The empty capsules are 100% biodegradable & compostable (12 weeks).

Biodegradable & Compostable

The difference between biodegradable and compostable may not be apparent to consumers, and the subtle distinctions could make the new pods a hard sell. Compostable materials are biodegradable, but not all biodegradable materials are necessarily compostable.

Biodegradable refers to any material that will disintegrate in water, soil or air over time with the help of organisms like bacteria and enzymes. This can happen quickly or it can take years.

Compostable also refers to a material that breaks down and returns to nature, but it has to turn into something that improves the nutrient levels of the soil, like soil conditioners or mulch. It also has to do so relatively quickly, at the same rate as the materials with which it is being composted, like food waste or yard trimmings.

4- ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING

Cerealthy "goes naked" for packaging pollution awareness. We will ship the capsules with strong minimalist external packaging. We refer to packaging that could be reused or recycled resulting in a zero negative environmental impact. We will make sure our external packaging will be as good for you backers and the environment as the product.

5- NO WORRY OF SPOILAGE

A difference from plant-based milks Treta Paks that have to be consumed in a few days and stored in refrigerator, Cerealthy capsule is a non-perishable drink which allows everyone to keep it for a long time without wasting money and food.

So, what are you waiting for changing to bio Capsules?

This is good for your Health, good for the Planet and good for your wallet.